LYRICS Demos

11 years 6 months ago #132828 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic LYRICS Demos
Just wanted to bring this thread up to the surface again, since I think many people are looking for lyrics. I also made it sticky. Please respect the rules fizzy stated in the first post: do not make any other posts in this thread than correct lyrics.

I'm gonna delete this post soon enough, just wanted this thread to get some attention again.

Also, the link to the discussion thread in the top post leads to the old, now closed forum. The place for discussions are www.crashdiet.org/forum/topic?id=191 . Gonna edit the first post with this, hope you don't mind fizzy. As I said, please do not post anything unnesseccary in this thread, I'm gonna delete it (together with this post, soon enough)

Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157308 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: CALIFORNIA WHITE 2

(...)

24/7, we do solariod to heaven
and the stakes are high...



Solariod/solaroid to heaven? WTF? Are you sure? There's no such thing. What does it even mean?

Bumping this thread 'cause I've been trying to figure out the whole text (to both versions) for quite some time now. I wish someone would finally put up the correct lyrics. And which is actually the first version (recorded by this early line-up) and which is the second one?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #157310 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic LYRICS Demos
The lyrics in this thread are as exact as we/others could figure them out (there was a rule about only correct lyrics in this thread even once, not sure if we wanna stick to those?! we discussed the lyrics here and then the "approved" were collected here...)

As for wich version is wich, I think it kinda depends on where you got them from. I think the ones that first got into circulation were tagged with "Califirnia White" and "California White 2" so 2 would obvioulsy be the one recorded later.

thats about as much I know, I'm afarid the people who really cracked this whole demo stuff because they followed the band from really early on all don't visit this board anymore :(

(I'd never thought I say this, but man, I miss fizzy on here... :( )

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157331 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic LYRICS Demos
Yeah, the versions of California White I've seen posted here are far from accurate hehe.

I really, really love that song and I should have the correct lyrics somewhere. I know I have it because I brought it to my vocal coach back in the days haha. I'll see if I can dig it up.

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #157340 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote: I really, really love that song and I should have the correct lyrics somewhere. I know I have it because I brought it to my vocal coach back in the days haha. I'll see if I can dig it up.

//LONDON


I'd be more than happy if you could do that 'cause I fucking adore this song too!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157341 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic LYRICS Demos

mrs v. viper wrote: (I'd never thought I say this, but man, I miss fizzy on here... :( )

What happened, did he grow up? :P

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157343 by Justin Kicks
Replied by Justin Kicks on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote: I really, really love that song and I should have the correct lyrics somewhere.


This was one of the songs that really made me fall in love with Crashdiet. It made my love for the band grow exponentially just because it was completely different from every other song I had heard from that point.

Crashdiet American Street Team

U.S.A. Street Team Facebook Page

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157366 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote: What happened, did he grow up? :P

//LONDON

Not sure about him growing up, But he's well I think :lol:
I ran into him in the street when I was visiting my sister... talk about right timing/small world :p

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157369 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: (I'd never thought I say this, but man, I miss fizzy on here... :( )

What happened, did he grow up? :P

//LONDON



hihi :lol: good question.

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157380 by martinkrush
Replied by martinkrush on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote:

mrs v. viper wrote: (I'd never thought I say this, but man, I miss fizzy on here... :( )

What happened, did he grow up? :P


Haha, this seriously made me laugh, thanks Peter! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157389 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic LYRICS Demos
Strange that these are incorrect since they were from the Crash site ala 2003. shows.crashdiet.it i think it was.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157559 by peterlondon
Replied by peterlondon on topic LYRICS Demos

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Strange that these are incorrect since they were from the Crash site ala 2003. shows.crashdiet.it i think it was.

crashdiet.shows.it :). Me and Dave signed up for that short URL together. Good times. Domains where expensive back then.

I think there might be two different versions of the song but I can't recall exactly right now ... I will look into this and bring some clarification at some point, I promise :)

Justin Kicks wrote: This was one of the songs that really made me fall in love with Crashdiet.

Same for me actually :)

//LONDON

“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there
was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than
when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #157562 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic LYRICS Demos

peterlondon wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote: Strange that these are incorrect since they were from the Crash site ala 2003. shows.crashdiet.it i think it was.

crashdiet.shows.it :). Me and Dave signed up for that short URL together. Good times. Domains where expensive back then.

I think there might be two different versions of the song but I can't recall exactly right now ... I will look into this and bring some clarification at some point, I promise.

Cool!
Yes, there are 2 different versions. You should know ;)
Atleast I've got 2. Both those should be with the Rest In Sleaze line-up.
Then there should be One with the first line-up consisting of the Repugnant guys.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #157566 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos
Well there are two versions. The lyrics are slightly different. I've always thought the first one was released by the early line-up back in 2000 on the very first demo and the other one is from Crashdiet 2003 EP. At least that's what Metal Archives says.

Demo 1

Crashdiet EP

Both versions are on YouTube:


Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159304 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos
The correct "California White" lyrics, pleeeeaaaase!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159309 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic LYRICS Demos

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Well there are two versions. The lyrics are slightly different. I've always thought the first one was released by the early line-up back in 2000 on the very first demo and the other one is from Crashdiet 2003 EP. At least that's what Metal Archives says.

Demo 1

Crashdiet EP

Both versions are on YouTube:



Both were done by the classic Rest in Sleaze line-up.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159317 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Well there are two versions. The lyrics are slightly different. I've always thought the first one was released by the early line-up back in 2000 on the very first demo and the other one is from Crashdiet 2003 EP. At least that's what Metal Archives says.

Demo 1

Crashdiet EP

Both versions are on YouTube:



Both were done by the classic Rest in Sleaze line-up.


How do you know that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159323 by GunsNCrüeSWE
Replied by GunsNCrüeSWE on topic LYRICS Demos

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Well there are two versions. The lyrics are slightly different. I've always thought the first one was released by the early line-up back in 2000 on the very first demo and the other one is from Crashdiet 2003 EP. At least that's what Metal Archives says.

Demo 1

Crashdiet EP

Both versions are on YouTube:



Both were done by the classic Rest in Sleaze line-up.


How do you know that?

Some days spent on the internet archives.
The R.I.S lineup made two recordings of California White According to their website years ago.

And I've heard that the first version was longer. And you can hear it on the sound. The drums on Cancer Dancer and Riot Youth are different.

And all that is holy, holy shall be...
Let the light bless and
let these words proclaim the blessing.
Let the seal be broken and let the light prevail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159326 by Ralphy Lee Fox
Replied by Ralphy Lee Fox on topic LYRICS Demos

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote:

GunsNCrüeSWE wrote:

Ralphy Lee Fox wrote: Well there are two versions. The lyrics are slightly different. I've always thought the first one was released by the early line-up back in 2000 on the very first demo and the other one is from Crashdiet 2003 EP. At least that's what Metal Archives says.

Demo 1

Crashdiet EP

Both versions are on YouTube:



Both were done by the classic Rest in Sleaze line-up.


How do you know that?

Some days spent on the internet archives.
The R.I.S lineup made two recordings of California White According to their website years ago.

And I've heard that the first version was longer. And you can hear it on the sound. The drums on Cancer Dancer and Riot Youth are different.


Ah, alright. Thanks for the info anyway.
I'm still amazed by the fact that the best Crashdiet songs ever (Miss Pain, California White, Riot Youth) were actually demos that never even made it to the actual album.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #159331 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic LYRICS Demos
Topic please

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: NOTE: I want that all the discussion will be held in this lyrics thread we already have: www.crashdiet.org/forum/topic?id=191

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper