The Book Thread

12 years 1 month ago #113087 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic The Book Thread
The last living slut, hahah.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113090 by XiLaii
Replied by XiLaii on topic The Book Thread

Sheila wrote: The last living slut, hahah.


haha, you do seem to have the most random suggestions XD
I wonder what your bookshelf looks like xD

Also, I have a couple more suggestions.
I absolutely LOVE Confessions of a Conjuror by Derren Brown. If you've not heard of him (apparently he's not overly famous in other countries I've heard) he's a magician/mindreader/performer type guy. But he's just so wonderfully clever, and his book is amazingly well written and I just find the way he thinks so fascinating :).

Well you know how the story goes, if it's too loud then you're too old.
Photo Blog // Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113091 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic The Book Thread
If you haven't read Jenna Jamesons book I strongly recommend it. It's quite similar to The Dirt (the same co-author i think?) and it has got some pretty tasty pictures for you who are into girls aswell. :sexx2:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113092 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic The Book Thread

izzie wrote: If you haven't read Jenna Jamesons book I strongly recommend it. It's quite similar to The Dirt (the same co-author i think?) and it has got some pretty tasty pictures for you who are into girls aswell. :sexx2:

hmm isnt she a porn star? if its the same person, i've seen her on tv alot, one time for a "heavy metal countdown" :lol: (if im not mistaken)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113093 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic The Book Thread

gothMINd wrote:

izzie wrote: If you haven't read Jenna Jamesons book I strongly recommend it. It's quite similar to The Dirt (the same co-author i think?) and it has got some pretty tasty pictures for you who are into girls aswell. :sexx2:

hmm isnt she a porn star? if its the same person, i've seen her on tv alot, one time for a "heavy metal countdown" :lol:

Yeah she's one of the most famous ones... And she really had a rocknroll life. 2 of 4 Mötley Crüe members are mentioned in there, guess which ones... :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113094 by Sheila
Replied by Sheila on topic The Book Thread

XiLaii wrote:

Sheila wrote: The last living slut, hahah.


haha, you do seem to have the most random suggestions XD
I wonder what your bookshelf looks like xD

Haha xD My bookshelf is most horse-books. So its not that random xD

The last living slut is actually kinda funny. Or something, i dont know how to descibe it xD I only read it because I read so much about it at forums and stuff, so I just had to check it out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113095 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic The Book Thread

izzie wrote:

gothMINd wrote:

izzie wrote: If you haven't read Jenna Jamesons book I strongly recommend it. It's quite similar to The Dirt (the same co-author i think?) and it has got some pretty tasty pictures for you who are into girls aswell. :sexx2:

hmm isnt she a porn star? if its the same person, i've seen her on tv alot, one time for a "heavy metal countdown" :lol:

Yeah she's one of the most famous ones... And she really had a rocknroll life. 2 of 4 Mötley Crüe members are mentioned in there, guess which ones... :)

yeah then i know who she is...and its tommy and vince ofc haha

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113107 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic The Book Thread
Anyone read mansons bio?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113109 by izzie
Replied by izzie on topic The Book Thread

AxL Whïte wrote: Anyone read mansons bio?

Yep, in English!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113110 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic The Book Thread

izzie wrote:

AxL Whïte wrote: Anyone read mansons bio?

Yep, in English!


The Satanic Bible then?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113113 by mick-mad4114
Replied by mick-mad4114 on topic The Book Thread
I like reading Dan Brown stuff, smart thrillers, I like his writing style. He is the one who wrote the Da Vinci Code. My favorite book from him is Digital Fortress, it is a great book.

-Welcome to the Inn-
-4114-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113130 by Melody..Marvelous
Replied by Melody..Marvelous on topic The Book Thread
I LOVE books, and right now i'm reading a book called Let the right one in by John Ajvide Lindqvist, it's really a great book. :)

Ever since I've been eight or nine I've been standing on the shoreline

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113231 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic The Book Thread
I like reading thrillers, somethin with a crime scene. Right now I'm reading the 2nd book of Robert Ludlums "Jason Bourne" its called supremacy. You may know the movies with Matt Damon, one of the best trilogy imo.

also I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books. But I ahve to read the 6th and 7th tho.

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113241 by Melody..Marvelous
Replied by Melody..Marvelous on topic The Book Thread

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: also I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books. But I ahve to read the 6th and 7th tho.


a couple of years ago i was a total Harry Potter freak, i knew everything about Harry Potter, but now i really don't have much time for reading anymore..
and also, when i got my first Harry Potter books i got the first and the sixth book, so i guess i kinda read them in a weird order, but at soon as i had read the first 10 pages i was HOOKED.
and i've actually cried a couple of times when i've read the books, like when Sirius died. :/

Ever since I've been eight or nine I've been standing on the shoreline

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113288 by mrs v. viper
Replied by mrs v. viper on topic The Book Thread
Harry Potter

☽ O ☾ "Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does." - David Carson
In case you need a designer/illustrator:: my Instagram
CRASHDÏET Streetteam germany

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113295 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic The Book Thread
same for me

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113297 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic The Book Thread

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: same for me


Have you got reckless road man? I can't find it...

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113313 by joey_baccard
Replied by joey_baccard on topic The Book Thread

AxL Whïte wrote: Anyone read mansons bio?

Yeah! And it's probably the best biography ever written.
But I'd like to see a "new" biography, since "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" ends in 97'.
There's gotta be a lotta stuff that has happened in his life since that.
Especially all that columbine-stuff. I've watched those interviews and that documentary a couple of times but I think that he probably had even more smart things to say than what got officially published.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113328 by fizzy
Replied by fizzy on topic The Book Thread

AxL Whïte wrote:

P. fizzy Suxx wrote: same for me


Have you got reckless road man? I can't find it...



sure I have it! but its inst a real book like a novel, its more a photographic book, but an awesome one tho!

"So you ask me how it feels to be a stick in the wheel
I tell you honey it feels alright
to be another clog in the wrecking machine
wouldn't even cross my mind"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113332 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic The Book Thread

joey_baccardï wrote:

AxL Whïte wrote: Anyone read mansons bio?

Yeah! And it's probably the best biography ever written.
But I'd like to see a "new" biography, since "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" ends in 97'.
There's gotta be a lotta stuff that has happened in his life since that.
Especially all that columbine-stuff. I've watched those interviews and that documentary a couple of times but I think that he probably had even more smart things to say than what got officially published.


Yeah, he got interviewed for 2 hours and they used 5 minutes of it in columbine.



Master Manson, more to say, have you not?

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #113335 by joey_baccard
Replied by joey_baccard on topic The Book Thread
haha exactly!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #119083 by Anna Gable
Replied by Anna Gable on topic The Book Thread
Nobody here has mentioned Slash's book "Slash". It's realy good, and especially if you also read "The Heroin Diaries" you'll sometimes get the same episode from two angles (and to your suprprise, both guys remembers what happened, despite all the substances...). I only found it in Swedish, and the translation really sux, but at the same time, it's so bad you can "see" the original language under and guess what he really wrote. I thought it would be a bit dry and maybe shy, as Slash is on stage, but it's not, it's witty and well written and really good reading if you want to learn about a guitar legend.

I'll also recommend something totally different: Sherlock Holmes. It's really big again, with the detective, both one new Hollywood movie, and a sequel coming up, and the BBC series set in modern time, that really is good. So why not read the original stories from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. They are still going strong and the short stories are perfect for reading while going to work or school.

I can't leave this thread without mentioning that I'm writing a book myself. It's 600 pages in word and finished, but I must make some final editing to make sure it's ok before I try to send it to the editors. If they'll publish it, I'm sure you'll like parts of it at least, because the main character is a rock star. You can read more at www.zorf.se (also in English) and follow my project at Facebook (please become a fan!) or at Twitter. Please support me to get it published!

New novel: "Ghosts, Drugs & rock n'Roll". About rock, sudden death, ghosts and a story from the past that repeats itself. Lizbeth Hellman about it: "Oh God, it's a lot like David's life too!" Get it at www.zorf.se (Swe, Engl & French) and support it for me at facbook.com/Zorf.se (Swe, Eng). The...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #119084 by axl whïte
Replied by axl whïte on topic The Book Thread
yeah i read slash in english

Listen to an album from a band you've never heard of every day, get enlightened! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #119091 by gothMINd
Replied by gothMINd on topic The Book Thread
picture books? :party3:
if it hasnt been mentioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: peterlondonmrs v. viper